Friday, April 17, 2009

What Is Your Position

I have been having a hard time keeping up this week. I have has situations thrown at me from the left and right. The enemy has been attacking my finances my time. I am fighting to regroup. It can be very disheartening when life issues are off track and you can’t seem to catch your footing. If you aren’t careful you will start to question whether or not you are on the correct path and following God’s direction for your life. I have been taking on money making ventures lately. Trying to find multiple streams of income for my family. I believe God has given me a vision of what I should do. We have to be understanding that God may not instantaneously drop thousands of dollars in your bank account. He may actually give you a strategy to work and gain the wealth that he has for you. Sometimes we get so spiritual we don’t want to deal with the natural. Both scenarios are still a blessing.

A plan laid out by God is a well planned plan. It is different. It positions you in the natural and the spiritual. We are the ones who have to learn the dynamics. Take the scenario where you have a man who is laid off and not working. He is a good man and has been thrown a curve. He is not giving in to laziness, he didn’t quit or do anything to get laid off. He has a loving wife who is not stressing him. She believes in him and is supporting him during this time. The man is constantly having emotional issues. He is still unhappy, depressed, feeling useless. This is a dangerous time if you don’t get things in perspective. When you are moving through situations in life, you have to constantly evaluate. You can’t go through life without considering and reevaluating your position. The key thing here for the man to remember is that there are things placed in him that generate his desires.

A man was made to work and support. If he is not doing that, he naturally starts to develop these ill feelings. No one has to be looking at him this way or giving him a hard time. He finds it hard to deal with himself and may imagine others are thinking the same thing. It is a spiritual dynamic. It can be humiliating for a man to have to ask for a cheeseburger. He wants to provide for himself and not be a burden. Now remember, we are talking about a good man. One that qualifies as a man more than just anatomy.

If you are not doing the things God called you to do, you manifest other things that may worsen your situation. So your first move is to cover that area in prayer and next is to move swiftly to line yourself back up to God’s will for your life. In this scenario, something like the economy may make it harder to do this, but we serve a mighty God and we are not confined to what the world says we can or cannot have. We know our hope lies in the Father. He opens doors man cannot close (Revelation 3:8). We don’t limit him.

Thirdly we need to keep our perspective. Understand the dynamic and why we feel this way and fight any negative feelings. The enemy wants us to feel depressed and useless. If we do then we are officially neutralized, ineffective. He is loving that. We have to understand where we are in life but continue to operate from a position of power, that is through God.

Ok, I got to rambling a bit, but hopefully someone needed to hear that and that is why it was placed in my spirit. I think on that note I will stop. I will catch up on my original point at another time. God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I find it hard to know just what God wants from me. I have been blessed with a great godly husband who works in the automotive industry. This week he is on a layoff. I have been looking for work now since September (had a few interviews). I try to look at this time as a blessing because I can be around for my kids and go on class trips etc. I have not been able to do that before. Also my husband and I try to go out for a lunch date once a week when he is home. So there are many good things with this recession, we are together more. But when I go to pay the bills we have to dip further and further into the line of credit and that worries me. When I am feeling stressed it can be very hard to hear what god is saying to me. I wish at times he would plaster his desire for me on a billboard and be very clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep trusting God,I know it is hard, but keep trusting him, anything you lose Christ will replace it double, praying for your continued strengthen,

    http://samaritiandiva.com

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way to find God's will is to be silent. To be in a silent place is very difficult today, with work, TV's, cell phones. It's all maddening! Blessed Mother Teresa says "In the silence of the heart, God speaks." Go on retreat - don't worry if you are Catholic, Methodist or any denomination - go on a retreat to a Trappist (Cistercian) Monastery - you will experience silence. There are many of them - the most famous is The Abbey of Gethsamanie in Kentucky, St. Joseph's Abbey in Mass. The monks will welcome you as Jesus himself. When you are there - spend your day in silent prayer. Prayer is a conversation with God - and God initiates the conversation. Ask Him for guidance and He will always respond.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would tell you to leave it in Gods hands.Ask him for guidance.He is a great and awesome God

    ReplyDelete