Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thankful

Today the key word for how I feel is THANKFUL. This has been such a blessed day. I woke up with my family intact ready to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ our Lord and Savior. This day has not been given all that it deserves over the years. I know when I was little all I really remember is that you get a new Easter outfit and you parade to church. You have an Easter egg hunt somewhere in the day and received lots of goodies. I had heard Jesus rose on this day, but it was mainly an undercurrent to what was going on. I never understood the full weight and power of this day. I didn't realize that this is the day my faith was built around. The fact that Jesus rose. The truth that he wasn't just a good man, a prophet, but the Son of God and he overcame death. His disciples did not remove the body. He rose!

Today I really understood this point. I really understand that I have power over all sin because it was nailed on the cross with my Savior and it doesn't have to control me unless I let it. I fully realize that he has given us a way of escape in all sinful situations. I plan to make better choices moving forward. It saddens me that so many of us think we can't stop doing what we are doing. We don't have control of our actions. I suggest you pray for the revelation of what actually took place on the cross. Because if we continue to have this attitude, it means that there was no purpose for Christ sufferring and dying for us on the cross.

1 comment: