Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Faith & Finances

Today I am reminded that God is my source. I have been finding different ways of making money. Trying to increase our income with multiple streams. I believe when the Holy Spirit leads you to do something you definitely should. We are to seek him on all things. Sometimes we get caught up in doing what we think is right. There is a thin line between lining yourself up with the will of God and doing things in your own strength and power. I believe I have been trying so hard to make something happen I temporarily forgot that my life is in God’s hands. I need to trust he will work out the details of what he has given me and not try to help him help me. I have a part to play, but that is to do what the spirit leads me to do. Not operate out of fear and panic which leads to bad decisions.

In these tough economic times we sometimes fall into the trap of worrying about our situation. We forget he has kept us. He has brought us out of dangers seen and unseen. He has paid bills for us and cleared out debts. He keeps the food on our table. He gave us the job that supplies our finances. So we have to stay focused on his promises and know that he will not forsake us. We cannot get scared because it seems a job maybe lost or we haven’t been able to find one for months now. The Lord can and will provide. We may not understand how he is putting the pieces together, but if we trust him. We will see where he is working on our behalf.
So I say to all of you out there trying to make it. Let God be who he is suppose to be in your life. Exercise your faith muscles. Just simply decide to trust him today and not worry about what it looks like in your life. Things don’t always look good when you are waiting on the manifestation, but do not waiver. Hang on to his promise and don’t let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment