Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dental Dangers

Yesterday I had a miniature nightmare with my dentist. To make a long story short, my dentist was getting me ready for a crown. The first part was done yesterday and I had major problems with the temporary all night and this morning. I broke down at 8:00 in the morning and called for help. Unfortunately, the dentist was not in a very helpful mood. He treated me pretty bad like I was making up the problem. Refused to help me and threatened that if he removed it like I asked I would be in worse shape. I was out done. I was so frustrated I started to cry. I could not believe this man was treating me like this.

If you know me, you would know it doesn’t take long for me to get hot. I was so mad I wanted to jump up and choke him. I know the bible says it is good to be slow to anger (Proverbs 16:32 there are others, but I like this one). This is an area I am going to have to work very hard on. I am glad it also says you can “get angry”, but of course it completes itself by saying “and sin not” (Ephesians 4:26). I am better at this one. I really don’t like to be mad and/or angry, but it still seems to be a quick place for me to go. The bible continues to show us examples of how in every situation

Well, the bottom line is I prevailed. I was highly upset. I did make some stern comments, but I definitely stayed in control of myself and did not end up having to repent. I tell you, if this was a test it was a good one. When you feel disrespected and mistreated and on top of that you are hurting, physically or emotionally, you can easily make excuses for yourself. I would say God got the Glory on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment