Monday, April 6, 2009

Humble Yourself

Blogging is a very interesting concept. I am excited to see where this journey takes me. I haven't been creative in so many years. I am believing creative thoughts and ideas will be awakened as I share with others.



This has really been a day. I am really learning the lessons of love, kindness, forgiveness and humility. I am in the stage of my life where I really need to work on the fruits of the spirit. I am a very nice person, but I can be a bit of a hot head. The bible says to be slow to anger. I tend to miss the mark on that one. I am getting better as I grow older an realize that many things are just not that serious. I thank God for my husband who is cool as a cucumber. I have been watching and learning from him for the past few years. We have been married for 6 years. He is a wonderful, kind, gentle, considerate and loving man. I didn't know there were many of them left. He is always slow to anger and he looks for a peaceful solution right away. I am more of a type A personality, but with the Lord's help I am becoming a calmer person. I am learning to humble myself.



I had a situation today where I was involved in an arguement that blew out of control. There was no need for it to escalate, but having to be right I pushed it to that point. Feeling horrible and understanding that God was not pleased with my behavior, I was able to call and apologize within a few minutes. If you knew me, you would know how remarkable this really is. I can hold on to a grudge. I use to be quite good at it and I did so if a fair amount of peace. Now I just want to be what God wants me to be. I want to show the love of Christ. I want to be an example to others. I am so glad I can feel convicted in my spirit when I am out of God's will. I will start out tomorrow having a great day. I make a point to manage my flesh better than I did today. I am grateful for mercy and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment